" To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act "

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Welcome – Blogs and Bloggers

Blogs and bloggers two very interesting entities that mold one another… Recently I got to know about a site called “KOTTU” from a friend of mine. Very interesting web space I would say and clearly a Kottu in its true essence. So my friends I think its worth to click away to http://www.kottu.org/ and have glimpse of some of the most amazing thoughts and reminisces. So this is my pick for the New Year, a delicious Kottu with a Sri Lankan favor.

So let me get back to the topic…. Blog a rather interesting word I guess, but it sounds rather boggy to me and I wonder who invented this word. Well searching the web I managed to find a rather technical and stereotype meaning which articulates the following definition. “Blog is short for weblog. A weblog is a journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site.”

The interesting phrase for me is “represent the personality” And for me this is the most vital factor in a blog. I do not necessarily believe in updating the blog frequently. But yeah if one can do that its great. And I personally I prefer blogs with a personal touch to it. It gives that special Kottu flavor to it. Trust me it lets you to see the world from another person’s point of view. Pretty intoxicating and interesting experience I believe and baffling and mesmerizing as well… I’ve been trying to adopt this personalized feature to my blog as well. Well readers can leave their comments to evaluate my success. I think I have improved from the essays that I wrote in school about myself and my hobbies…

I am still learning the art of blogging and in my primary stages, but it sure does yield high levels of mental satisfaction for me and I think it’s the same with most bloggers. And the more you become personal the more interesting the blog becomes. Its like peeping into to a diary of a stranger, or its like been an infant and learning from your parents or sharing experiences of your peers. It’s an awesome feeling. As I believe it just blogs you away. And you get entangled in a blogging dream. How weird is that.

So my dear bloggers lets keep the culture alive and let us be the open source in this sphere called BLOG or rather WEBBLOG as the web defines it. Well on a second note the vital ingredients that flavor our very own Kottu.

3 comments:

Hiranya said...

Yeah I quite agree with the fact that a blog represents the personality of it's author.. And I must say this contains very interesting ideas about blogging..

DoT [ . ] said...

This is real Dhanu.... U wanted to put what I said to u as a comment right...?
ok here I am... yep I agree with the most of things in ur post but dear I don't totally agree to "a blog represent the personality" regarding you...!! most of the blogs do, but I feel if I know you correctly only this post represent real you.... "Welcome – Blogs and Bloggers" is the best post which represents Dhanu.. and again about comments I hardly c u comment on others and let others evaluate themselves though u expect them to do so to u... and I hope you will be a real blogger and will be a blogger who does what he writes cz then only the blog represents you... so let - Dhanu Online - represent real Dhanushka Fernando...lets keep the culture alive and let us be the open source in this sphere called BLOG or rather WEBBLOG as the web defines it.:)

Digital Writer said...

Yes.Kottu is a good blogger's community in sri lanka
The Site Writer :: Digital citizen Maker